Thursday, October 28, 2010

How green are you?

With regard to my ecological conscience I ussualy tried to do the things less harmfuls to the environment, but If I have to be honest I have to admit that it's possible to do much more.


Everyday I come to the university riding a bicycle because besides is more ecological, is cheper, fast, and allows me to do exercise without losing time.


Moreover, when I go to the supermarket I used my own bag, because doing that I avoid to use unnecessary plastic bags.


On the other hand, I'm not interested to participate in eco-organisations because I don't like the organisations in general, I have a very little time to spend for something like this, and the topic is not really interesting for me. If I want to particpate in organisation I prefer to choose other subject more related with my interests.



Despite this, I think that it's as important to do little and daily actions as to do great ecological campaign. The campaigns are important for to provide information and to create a conscience about the problems in the environment, in which the human has been the principal responsible, but to do daily and little actions it's easy and I think, it's very useful.



However, a few weeks ago I read about a type of "ecological bricks", which are used to build houses. These "ecological bricks" are plastic bottles filling with a lot of plastic bags like envelops of food and you can really use this bricks for build istead of just to put the rubish out.


Actually it's very difficult to be ecological in Santiago context, because there are not enough places to recycle the garbage, all the food is wrapped in plastic containers and there are a very ltlle bike paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment